The Hockomock Area YMCA
The Mission of Our YMCA
Franklin - North Attleboro - Foxboro - Mansfield
The Hockomock Area YMCA is a not-for-profit charitable community service organization of men, women, and children of all ages, ethnic origins, religious affiliations, and socioeconomic levels united in a common effort to positively influence the quality of life of its members, families, and communities. Based on the foundation of Judeo-Christian values, our programs and activities emphasize the development of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body and are available to all individuals regardless on their ability to pay.
Each day, our YMCA works to build strong kids, strong families, and strong communities. Donor support of Reach Out for Youth & Families ensures that the benefits of our mission-driven programs and services are extended to neighbors in need.
Reach Out for Youth and Families Campaign
Our Cause is Our Community - Each and every day, we focus on being there when our friends and neighbors need us most. We rely on the generosity of our members and community to help people of all ages and from all walks of life be more healthy, confident, connected, and secure. When you give to the Y, your tax-deductible gift will have a meaningful, enduring impact right in your own neighborhood.
In 2010, the Reach Out for Youth & Families (ROFY) annual campaign provided more than $1.1 million in confidential scholarship assistance and program subsidies to over 15,000 local children, adults, and families.
Our YMCA continues its proud tradition of responding to the emerging needs of our community through:
Hockomock Healthy Futures – our region wide initiative to address the epidemic of childhood obesity through a collective community response.
Integration Initiative – our innovative effort to provide programming through integrated, inclusive environments for children with special needs.
Arts and Education – our focus on fostering a culture of life long learning and appreciation for the arts where individuals and families spark creative thinking, develop artistic skills, and awaken curiosity.
Teens – the centerpiece of our commitment to imparting core character values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility in young adults through leadership development, mentoring, and experiential education.
The Hockomock Area YMCA collaborates with a number of organizations throughout the fifteen communities we service.
The Bernon Family Branch at Work in the Community:
- BASE (Bellingham After School Experience) Childcare and Enrichment -- operates in the Bellingham Public Schools.
- Dean College Tuition Program -- operates in cooperation with Dean College offering a $50 tuition discount to Hockomock Area YMCA members enrolled in Dean’s School of Continuing Education.
- Dean College also collaborates with the YMCA in program development, space allocation, and related activities to benefit our communities.
- School's Out Program -- operates at the Bernon Family Branch with transportation available from Franklin, Medway, Milford and Norfolk.
- Senior Fitness Collaborations -- operates in cooperation with local Councils On Aging.
- Sports Collaborations -- operates with the Norfolk Recreation Department, Bellingham Public Schools, Hopedale Parks and Recreation Department, and Dean College.
The Invensys Foxboro Branch at Work In the Community:
- Foxboro, Sharon and Mansfield Public Schools-- The Invensys Foxboro YMCA and Foxboro, Sharon, and Mansfield Public Schools partner to create programs and events to help students and families create sustainable change related to healthy lifestyle choices. Some of these programs and systems include Walk to School Days, Incentive Challenges, Fitness Days, Family Nights and Healthy Choice Forums.
- Norwood Hospital and Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center: Free lectures and screenings for the community on various wellness themes.
- Patriot Place-- Patriot Place retail stores and restaurants and the Invensys-Foxboro YMCA collaborate on a range of events and projects including family dinners, field trips, family walks at the Ocean Spray Trails and education nights.
- Foxboro Council on Aging-- offers fitness classes by the Invensys Foxboro Branch staff at the Foxboro Council on Aging at 75 Central Street in Foxboro, and at the Sharon Council of Aging in Sharon.
- Sturdy Memorial Hospital’s Foxboro Center for Women's & Family Health-- Collaborates as a full partner with the Foxboro Branch in addressing the needs of women and children.
The Mansfield Branch at Work in the Community:
- Attleboro Arts Museum -- Our collaboration with the Attleboro Arts Museum enriches the offerings we provide to youth and teens in our surrounding communities. We partner for program offerings and summer camp.
- Mansfield High School -- Through this partnership, we support Journey to Resiliency at Mansfield High School.
- Orthodox Congregational Church -- Nursery-school programming is available through a collaboration with the Orthodox Congregational Church on West Street.
- Qualters Middle School-- The Club EXCEL (Explore, Create, Evolve, and Learn) operates after school at Qualters Middle School in Mansfield.
- School ’s Out Program -- After-school student transportation to the Mansfield Branch is available from Jordan/Jackson and Robinson Elementary Schools.
North Attleboro Branch at Work in the Community:
- Collaborations - operates with the North Attleboro High School Gymnastics Team, NAHS Swim Team, Massachusetts Audubon Society, the Attleboro Art Museum.
- Collaboration with Sturdy Memorial Hospital -- offers a cardiac rehabilitation program.
- FOR TEENS: Our Downtown Teen Center is a drop-in center for teens between the ages of 12 and 18 and is available at not cost. It is centrally located in downtown North Attleboro directly across from the Fire Station.
- Middle School Workshops -- Classes are available at the North Attleboro Middle School.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS: Our School's Out Program is available at the North Attleboro Branch, and also in the North Attleboro elementary schools and middle school and in Wrentham elementary schools.
FOR SENIORS: We offer Senior Fitness Collaborations in partnership with the North Attleboro, Plainville, and Wrentham Councils On Aging.